Special Easter Message: Everyday is worth dressing up for!
I am very blessed to have Cecylia in my life. I met Cecylia (http://www.cecylia.com, Fashion Blogger/Stylist) about four years at one of her boutique’s one year anniversary parties. Since then we have become inseparable – she’s like the older sister I never had even though she’s a lot younger than me, haha! She is an incredibly stylish mum who has a 4 and half month old baby boy named Winston, gifted in music (piano and singing), writing, and her heart for God is a true inspiration in my walk in Jesus. With Easter coming up this long weekend, I have asked Cecylia to share her
bunny rabbit headpiece by Eva Q thoughts on what Easter means: “Easter is the ultimate expression of love: that God came down to earth to save me from my wretchedness by dying on the cross for all my sins. The best part is that He rose again on the third day to demonstrate who He is – my Lord, my Saviour, and my King. Easter makes me weep and rejoice at the same time because of how awesome He is and what he has done in my life.” So what is Cecylia’s style philosophy? Cecylia once met a Centenarian who was still so eloquent and mobile in her old age that she inspired Cecylia’s style philosophy: “Every day is worth dressing up for”. Each day is a gift from God for us to love those He has placed in our lives. If everyday is worth dressing up for, then how should we dress and prepare ourselves for a photoshoot?
- Try everything on the night before- clothes, shoes and accessories. It’s a game of trial and error.
- Always remember proportions: if you’re wearing something baggy on top, then balance the bottom with something narrower, and vice versa.
- It’s better to wear clothes that’s a size bigger than a size smaller. It will look better on camera.
- Always go for comfort. You will look better in your poses if your clothes sit well on you.
- Try and get a good night’s rest and drink lots of water for the best looking skin.
Thank you Cecylia for your words of wisdom and I look forward to many more shoots together. To follow Cecylia’s fashion journey, please visit her blog (www.cecylia.com). Have a happy and blessed Easter everyone xx
Headpiece handcrafted by Eva Q (http://www.evaqdesign.com).