Are They the Right Photographer for Your Wedding?
Choosing the right wedding photographer is important, so this is one of the tasks on your wedding planning list that you don’t want to leave until the last minute. You need to take your time so you are confident that the person you have chosen to immortalise your special day, will do a great job.
So how do you know if the photographer you’re talking to is the right person to shoot your wedding?
- Style – Firstly you need to narrow it down by style. There are two main styles of wedding photography, traditional ‘posed’ wedding shots and documentary style wedding photographers. Some people like a combination of both styles of images instead of choosing just one or the other.
- Next you want to think about what parts of the day you want the photographer to shoot. For example, do you want bridal portraits on top of the ceremony and reception photos?
- Set a realistic budget for your photographer. Good photographers aren’t cheap but they are worth every penny.
- Talk about the deliverables for the photographers fees. Does their charge include post production as well? What about transport and other costs? Find this out beforehand.
- Do you get along with your photographer? You’ll be spending a lot of time with them, so it’s important that you feel comfortable with them.
Above all, when it comes to choosing your wedding photographer it’s better to invest a little more and get the photographs that capture your day perfectly.